Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, February 28, 2014

February 2014 Month End Review





February was basically a month of more of the same.

The top countries of visitation were, The USA, The Philippines, India, UK, and Canada. 

The most viewed posts continue to be short stories from the Philippines.


I did not finish that many books, partially as I am reading long works and reading more short stories.

The best work I read in Feb. was Within a Budding Grove, part two of In Search of Lost Time (Aka Remembrance of Lost Times) by Marcel Proust.   

I continued reading Yiddish literature, including a very worth reading novel, The Cantor's Son by Sholem Aleichem.


I completed part one of The Transylvania Trilogy, They Were Counted by Miklos Banffy, a must read for anyone seriously into Austro Hungarian literature.




The Reading Life had 95,919 hits for the month. I now have 3242 Twitter followers. 

I thank all my visitors, especially those who leave comments or e mail me.  


 "See you in March for Irish Short Story Month Year Four, I rule that event"  - Carmilla

"ISSM4 means my 11 month vacation is over" - Ruphrect

Mel u



   

No comments: